How To Remove Warts From Fingers
Many people suffer from warts on different parts of their body. In this review you can read about tips and ideas how to remove warts from fingers. Warts are a small but annoying disease, as this is not only a medical condition but a cosmetic problem as well.
There are many ways to remove warts from fingers, if you want to invest hundreds of dollars – go see a doctor, if you want to do it safely at home then you will need to invest a tiny fraction of that.
There are many “free” guides but trying witchcraft ideas someone wrote on their blog may be risky, as finger warts are contagious virus and may spread to other parts of your body!! Here is one of the best online guides for safely removing warts.
What Are Finger Warts Anyway
Warts are also called Human Papillomavirus (HPV). The Human Papilloma Virus is very contagious and is passed from person to person by skin contact. This is why getting warts on your fingers and hands is usually very common, it is enough that you shake hands with a person that has the virus and you may be affected too.
There are several kinds of Human Papilloma Virus which show up on different body parts and have slightly different names, the most common HPV warts are:
- Warts on hands, fingers nails.
- Warts on foot and toes.
- Warts on genitals.
Treating Warts On Fingers
Warts are caused by a viral infection. This means that by having a stronger body immune system can help reduce the risk of infections and the risk of mass viral eruption. A weak body immune system means the body can not fight this infection and they you may expect to see more warts at your fingers and on your hands and feet.
Having a balanced diet of vitamin A (Pumpkin, Beef liver, Carrot, Spinach) and vitamin C (eating red berries, kiwi, red and green bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, and juices made from guava, grapefruit, and orange).
Some can hold the virus for years without the warts erupting, and still be contagious for people toughing them.
Expensive Ways To Get Rid Of Warts On Fingers
There are plenty of ways to get rid of warts on fingers, we will review some cheaper ways and ‘do it yourself’ methods below, but these are home-medicine ideas which you may try. For real warts treatment you should see a doctor, a dermatologist which will advise you on the best way for you to get rid of warts from fingers and nails.
Finger Warts Laser Removal – The dermatologies and the skin clinics have special laser systems which will be used to burn away the wart. The laser is a high concentrated energy, and when it is beamed at the wart is heats it till the skin and the virus inside it are both burnt. The procedure is not painful as anesthetics are placed on the treated skin, and within few minutes you are free to go.
The main downside, is the fact that you will have to invest time, and see a doctor , then get an appointment for treatment, and reach the clinic (the treatment itself is short). And of coarse say bye-bye to a few hundred dollars.
Finger Warts Surgical Removal – The process is similar to laser, but it will be done by a doctor and he/she will be using a surgical scalpel. The area will be under topical anesthetics and the doctor will cut through the wart contour, pull it out and and insert anti-infection substances into the hole. Blood vessels will need to be closed by heat or medical creams so the place will not bleed or get infected again.
Main downside, except from the time and money invested, this method for removing finger and nail warts may be more painful for a few days.
Removing Finger Warts With Electrical Needle – Another medical option for removing HPV is using electrocautery. With is method the doctor will use an electric needle which will burn the wart. It is just like warts laser treatment but with a electric hot needle.
Main downside, time and money, this may cost just like laser.
Cheap Ways To Remove Warts From FIngers
Getting rid of warts on fingers is easier than getting rid of warts at other body places because the fingers have a tough skin, and can be treated and covered with band aid. Getting rid of warts on genitals is more difficult and should be done slightly differently.
The tips you read here are the common tips for warts removal from hands and fingers. If You have more than one wart, or they show under the nails or at different parts of your body, you may want invest a little and learn how to really remove warts safely and without surgery (See at the bottom).
Here are common ways to remove warts from fingers. Since warts virus needs air to survive some of the home remedies to get rid of warts are ways to suffocate the warts or ‘chemically’ burn it with regular stuff you can find at any home. As the Human Papilloma Virus is reacting differently on different bodies and immune systems, so does these methods may be effective for some and unsuccessful for others. Using any of those methods is at your own risk.
- Duct Tape – Using a masking tape on the finger warts, will cause the wart to be without air. This may take very long time, but it will decease in size or fall of after few weeks.
- Salicylic Acid – this is a severe chemical, there are nuomerous creams containing Salicylic acid which are OTC (over the counter) meaning no need for doctor prescription. People use one drop and peel the to skin layer daily. See here Salicylic acid for peeling.
- Freeze Warts – By using special liquid nitrogen, the wart gets a freeze burn, and falls off. This method is easy to apply and quite effective. You need to get over the counter Liquid Nitrogen and follow the instructions.
- Garlic - Placing a slice of fresh garlic over the wart and leaving it there forthe night (under a band aid) or pressing garlic until the ‘juice’ is dropping over the wart, made finger warts dissapear for someone I know.
- Nail Polish – This is a severe chemical, and some even disolve other severe chemicals into it.. the nail polish is then used to cover the wart and block the air supply and cause it to fall off.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Like with the salicylic acid apple viniger can ‘burn’ the wart, people use apple cider viniger to wet a small cotton bud, and place it over the wart for the night. It may work with other vinigers too.
- Banana Peel – Placing a banana peel over the finger wart for a whole night – may cause it to fall off after two weeks.
How To Remove Warts From Fingers Conclusion
As you have seen, warts are not only a cosmetic issue but a medical disorder, as the warts are caused mainly by the HPV virus. The best thing would be to let a dermatologiest take a look and evaluate the wart and advice on ways to remove it.
Most doctors will advice the regular ways they know for finger warts removal, and those methods do not include ‘banana peels’… The down side is that using lasers professional needles and liquid nitrogens will cost you hundreds of dollars.
The ‘witchcraft’ methods and banana peels may have helped some, or may be some practical joke there is no way to realy know. The best way would be to invest in a prefessional online guide written to teach people how to remove warts from fingers without surgury.
You may wish to read about ‘how to shave around a raised mole‘ too.